If you want to hire a function room as the venue for your next live entertainment event, meeting, conference, or incentive event in Kerry, Siamsa Tíre ought to be at the top of your list. The facilities on offer here in Tralee mean that we’re one of the premier all-in-one event hire venues in the county.
1. We offer some of the finest facilities in Ireland, including:
For full technical specifications see our Siamsa Tíre Tech Pack.
2. We have a full bar and can cater for receptions using local partners. This means that as host, you have no need to worry. The attendees at your event will be well fed and watered.
3. We always put safety first. Dedicated to Health and Safety for all, our staff have been trained in all aspects of Covid-19 safety guidelines and strict protocols have been put in place to keep the public safe.
4. We care about the environment. Siamsa Tíre is the first theatre in Ireland to achieve Creative Green Certification – the only international environmental certification scheme that’s designed specifically for the creative and cultural industries.
Since 2017, work has been done to increase energy efficiency and reduce dependency on fossil fuels at the venue. The building has been insulated. An air-to-water heating system was fitted. Photovoltaic panels were installed on the roof of the building. And as much lighting as possible has been converted to LED. We have also cut our waste to landfill by 50% with our recycling practices. Efforts are ongoing to develop and implement even more environmentally-friendly policies.
5: By choosing Siamsa Tíre as a venue for your event, you can offer extra incentives to your attendees. Siamsa Tíre may be one of Ireland’s busiest theatres and arts centres. But it’s also more than that. It’s home to the country’s only theatre company dedicated to the preservation and development of traditional Irish arts – the National Folk Theatre of Ireland.
Our theatre company has a professional cast of performers trained in the Siamsa Tíre style. Every summer, our dancers, musicians, and singers take to the stage, bringing Irish traditions, culture, and folklore of old to life.
They also train the young performers who attend classes at the National Folk Theatre Training Academy, ensuring that Ireland’s cultural traditions are passed on to the next generation.
They can also teach you and your event attendees. We can organise workshops that allow you to experience these age-old Irish traditions for yourself and learn some songs and dances in the process.
6. You will be following in the footsteps of many illustrious people to have visited Siamsa Tíre. For example, did you know that HRH Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall graced us with their presence in June 2018? And we have performed for Pope John Paul and Presidents Michael D. Higgins and Mary Robinson.
7. To clinch the deal, there’s our location itself. Siamsa Tíre is located at the heart of Kerry, in the county’s capital town of Tralee. Only a short drive from Kerry Airport, it is also easily directly accessed by rail and road.
It’s set against the stunning backdrop of the Slieve Mish Mountain range and Tralee Bay. It’s on the world-famous Wild Atlantic Way, surrounded by that ocean’s breathtakingly beautiful coastline.
Nearby highlights include Fenit Lighthouse, Black Rock, the Maharees, Banna Strand, and Blennerville Windmill. The Dingle Peninsula and the Ring of Kerry are only short drives away.
With its rugged mountains, incredible coastline, and rich cultural heritage, Kerry has long been known as the home of Irish tourism. It’s no wonder its known as the Kingdom. Siamsa Tíre is one of the jewels in its crown. To find out more about hiring a function room, using the theatre as a conference venue, or renting out the entire space, contact us today.