Fadó Fadó (July/Aug ’22) Life in Times Past Told Through Irish Music, Dance & Song
Fadó Fadó (Long, long ago)
Ireland’s premier cultural experience at Siamsa Tíre presents the best of Irish traditional singing, music, and dancing in Fadó Fadó, a stage presentation featuring traditional Irish music beautifully interwoven with exciting dance and rich choral vocals.
Fadó Fadó (pronounced ‘Fah-doh Fah-doh) meaning ‘Long, long ago’, takes you back to life in Ireland in times past. Moving from the open air of the bog, fields and harvest festivals to the warmth of the hearth-lit kitchen, this wonderful folk theatre production shows how in times past, almost every farmyard activity had a tune to it. Fadó Fadó celebrates the cultural and seasonal traditions, joys and sorrows of a rural family in Ireland long ago. The show takes you on a thrilling journey of Irish music, dance and song with hard shoe Irish dancing along with wonderful musicians performing original scores.
- To Book: Click ‘Book Tickets’ or contact our friendly Box Office team on 066-7123055.
- Dates/Times: Throughout July & August 2022 @8:30pm to 10:10pm. July: 11th, 18th, 20th, 23rd & 28th. If you have a group interested in additional dates please contact Box Office as we can add additional dates subject to group bookings. August: TBC.
- We also have our other National Folk Theatre production ‘Turas’ throughout Sept. *We expect dates to be confirmed soon.
- Tickets: Adult €45, Student €36, Child €22.50, Family of 4 €108.
- Special Offers: Residents of Co. Kerry receive a massive 70% discount. For tour group rates, please contact our Box Office on 0667123055.
About our Festival of Folk
The National Folk Theatre of Ireland is at the heart of Siamsa Tíre. Its purpose is to sustain, develop, and explore Irish culture and traditions. To showcase who we are, where we have come from, and who we are going to be.
Every summer, its annual Festival of Folk takes place from May to September, featuring evening performances of shows that combine the best of Irish music, song, dance, and stories. Thousands of visitors have enjoyed these performances. The energetic, wild, and passionate way they express the best of our traditional arts creates a memorable and emotional experience for all who witness it.
The shows are but one entertaining aspect of our Festival of Folk. From 2022, we also provide interactive cultural activities during the day including guided tours, workshops and intimate performances that can work in with your day itineraries.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Please note there is a €1.50 booking fee per checkout transaction for tickets purchased online.
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the performance has been cancelled.
- Face coverings are optional and for safety we suggest wearing them when in crowded areas and near other people. View all of our safety measures.
- Wheelchair spaces can only be booked over the phone. Please call our Box Office on (066) 7123055 to book a wheelchair space.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Entry not guaranteed and is directed by the event.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 7 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue unless you are free from symptoms 48 hours prior to the event. Contact our Box Office by phone or email to let us know.
- Kerry County Council parking is available on Princes Street beside Siamsa Tíre – check (Kerry County Council – Home | Facebook) for any restrictions. It is free after 6pm. It has access for bus parking and also disability parking just outside the theatre.
- As always, the health and safety of our patrons and staff remains our utmost priority, so we kindly ask that you continue to respect the personal space and safety of others.
We thank you for your co-operation and we look forward to welcoming you to Siamsa Tíre, The National Folk Theatre of Ireland.
Price - Adult €45, Student €36, Child €22.50, Family of 4 €108.