The Last Return presented by Druid Theatre
Not all good things come to those who wait…
One final night. One last chance. Five people queue for a ticket to the hottest show in town. All they must do is simply wait in line. But what in life is ever simple? Who will triumph, who will fail, and who will walk away with… The Last Return?
The Last Return is a new play by acclaimed playwright Sonya Kelly (Once Upon a Bridge, Furniture) and presented by Druid Theatre, a thrilling comedy about conflict, peace and the pursuit of territory at any cost.
Sara Joyce (Once Upon a Bridge) directs a cast that includes Anna Healy, Bosco Hogan, Rebecca O’Mara and Naima Swaleh. Druid’s world premiere production of The Last Return opened at Galway International Arts Festival 2022 and then played Edinburgh Festival Fringe (where it won a Fringe First Award) and Dublin Theatre Festival. In Spring 2023, The Last Return embarks on an 8-venue tour of Ireland.
Ticket Person, Anna Healy; Newspaper Man, Bosco Hogan; Military Man, Aidan Moriarty; Umbrella Woman, Rebecca O’Mara; Woman in Pink,
The play has earned five-star ratings from The Times, What’s On Stage, The Arts Desk and The Wee Review, and praise such as ‘pitch black comic mayhem’ from The Guardian, ‘wonderful’ from The New York Times, and ‘shocking and very funny’ from The Irish Times.
★★★★★ ‘a true work of genius’ – The Times
· ★★★★★ ‘a spectacular piece of theatre’ – The Wee Review
· ★★★★ ‘pitch black comic mayhem’ – The Guardian
★★★★ ‘a shocking and very funny play’ – The Irish Times
- Date/Time: 3rd & 4th March 2023 @8pm
- Duration: 1hr 30mins (No interval)
- Tickets: €28.50/€25.50 + booking fee. Don’t forget to pre-order your snacks & drinks to skip the bar queues!
- Suitability: 14yrs+ *Please note that this production contains adult themes, strong language, strobe lighting and depictions of violence to others.
- Our Terms & Conditions
- Our Covid-19 Measures
We look forward to welcoming you to Siamsa Tíre, The National Folk Theatre of Ireland.
Price - €28.50/€25.50 + booking fee