Throughout May/June: Anam ‘Soul’ by The National Folk Theatre of Ireland
Co-commissioned by Dublin Dance Festival and The National Folk Theatre of Ireland in 2016, Anam (meaning ‘Soul’) brings together the skills of world-class step dancers from the US, Canada and Ireland in an exhilarating fusion of styles. This production toured Ireland in 2017 to acclaim and standing ovations from audiences from Donegal to Longford to Limerick. It now forms part of our Festival of Folk production series.
Authentic and raw, this percussive dance piece explores the similarities and differences between the dancers, each with their own distinct hard shoe style. Anam attests to the tradition of ‘passing on’; celebrating the dance’s essential spirit, yet injecting it with fresh energy to create something new.
Performed with live music and song by acclaimed musician Fergal O’Murchú it features dancers Matthew Olwell (Appalachian Flat Foot) Jonathan Kelliher (North Kerry “Munnix”) Nathan Pilatzke (Ottawa Valley, Canada) and Jason O’Neill (Modern Irish).
Co Directors: Jonathan Kelliher and Sue Ellen McCarthy.
This limited-run show is exclusive to Siamsa Tíre and cannot be viewed in any other venue – a truly authentic experience not to be missed! View our other National Folk Theatre of Ireland shows:
- May – Sept VIP Experience ‘Celebrate’ Package (Includes show tickets plus welcome reception, guided tours of art gallery & backstage, cast meet & greet, autographed show programme & gift pack).
- May/Jun 2023 Anam (Soul) Celebrating the Spirit of Irish Music, Dance & Song
- Jun/July/Aug/Sept 2023 An Ghaoth Aniar (Wind from the West) A magical adventure to the west coast of Ireland through Irish Music, Dance & Song
- Upgrade to VIP: Make it a night to remember by upgrading your experience with our VIP ‘Celebrate’ Package. Includes show tickets plus welcome reception, guided tours of art gallery & backstage, cast meet & greet, autographed show programme & gift pack.
- Dates (Thurs/Sat/Mon) May: 11th, 15th, 18th, 22nd, 25th, 27th & 29th. June: 1st, 5th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 15th, 17th & 19th.
- Times: Show commences at 8:30pm sharp and runs to 10:10pm with an interval. Doors open at 8pm.
- Tickets: Adult €45, Student €36, Child €22.50, Family of 4 €108.
- Special Offers: Residents of Co. Kerry receive a massive 70% discount.
- Group Bookings: For tour group rates, please contact our Box Office on 0667123055.
About our Festival of Folk
The National Folk Theatre of Ireland is at the heart of Siamsa Tíre. Its purpose is to sustain, develop, and explore Irish culture and traditions. To showcase who we are, where we have come from, and who we are going to be.
Every summer, its annual Festival of Folk takes place from May to September, featuring evening performances of shows that combine the best of Irish music, song, dance, and stories. Thousands of visitors have enjoyed these performances. The energetic, wild, and passionate way they express the best of our traditional arts creates a memorable and emotional experience for all who witness it.
The shows are but one entertaining aspect of our Festival of Folk. We also provide interactive cultural activities during the day including guided tours, workshops and intimate performances that can work in with your day itineraries. Visit our Festival of Folk Page to find out more.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
We look forward to welcoming you to Siamsa Tíre, The National Folk Theatre of Ireland.
Price - Adult €45, Student €36, Child €22.50, Family of 4 €108