Anam – The National Folk Theatre of Ireland
Co-commissioned by Dublin Dance Festival and The National Folk Theatre of Ireland in 2016, Anam (meaning ‘soul’) brought together the skills of world-class step dancers from the US, Canada and Ireland in an exhilarating fusion of styles. This production toured Ireland in 2017 to acclaim and standing ovations from audiences from Donegal to Longford to Limerick. It now forms part of our Festival of Folk production series.
Authentic and raw, this percussive dance piece explores the similarities and differences between the dancers, each with their own distinct hard shoe style. Anam attests to the tradition of ‘passing on’; celebrating the dance’s essential spirit, yet injecting it with fresh energy to create something new.
Performed with live music and song by acclaimed musician Fergal O’Murchú it features dancers Matthew Olwell (Appalachian Flat Foot) Jonathan Kelliher (North Kerry “Munnix”) Nathan Pilatzke (Ottawa Valley, Canada) and Jason O’Neill (Modern Irish).
Co Directors: Jonathan Kelliher and Sue Ellen McCarthy.
This limited-run show is exclusive to Siamsa Tíre and cannot be viewed in any other venue – a truly authentic experience not to be missed!
- To Book: To book click on the ‘Book Tickets’ button to select your preferred date. Please contact Box Office on 066-7123055 or email [email protected] if online booking is unavailable, or if you booking for a group.
- Dates: May 11th, 15th, 18th, 22nd, 25th, 27th. 29th, 30th & 31st; June 1st, 5th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 15th & 17th
- Times: Show commences at 8:30pm sharp and runs to 10:10pm with an interval. Doors open at 8pm.
- Tickets: Adult €45, Student €36, Child €22.50, Family of 4 €108.
- Special Offers: Residents of Co. Kerry receive a massive 70% discount. For tour group rates, please contact our Box Office on 0667123055.
About our Festival of Folk
The National Folk Theatre of Ireland is at the heart of Siamsa Tíre. Its purpose is to sustain, develop, and explore Irish culture and traditions. To showcase who we are, where we have come from, and who we are going to be.
Every summer, its annual Festival of Folk takes place from May to September, featuring evening performances of shows that combine the best of Irish music, song, dance, and stories. Thousands of visitors have enjoyed these performances. The energetic, wild, and passionate way they express the best of our traditional arts creates a memorable and emotional experience for all who witness it.
The shows are but one entertaining aspect of our Festival of Folk. We also provide interactive cultural activities during the day including guided tours, workshops and intimate performances that can work in with your day itineraries. Visit our Festival of Folk Page to find out more.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Due to rising costs a €1.50 booking fee now applies PER TICKET booked online at the box office, or on the phone. This is non refundable.
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the performance has been cancelled.
- Face coverings are optional and for safety we suggest wearing them when in crowded areas and near other people. View all of our safety measures.
- Wheelchair spaces can only be booked over the phone. Please call our Box Office on (066) 7123055 to book a wheelchair space.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Entry not guaranteed and is directed by the event.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 7 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue unless you are free from symptoms 48 hours prior to the event. Contact our Box Office by phone or email to let us know.
- Kerry County Council parking is available on Princes Street beside Siamsa Tíre – check (Kerry County Council – Home | Facebook) for any restrictions. It is free after 6pm. It has access for bus parking and also disability parking just outside the theatre.
- As always, the health and safety of our patrons and staff remains our utmost priority, so we kindly ask that you continue to respect the personal space and safety of others.
We thank you for your co-operation and we look forward to welcoming you to Siamsa Tíre, The National Folk Theatre of Ireland.
Price - Adult €45, Student €36, Child €22.50, Family of 4 €108