CAOIN by Ceara Conway – A Glór Commission
Known for her unique use of traditional song and lament in contemporary art, for this performance vocalist/artist Ceara Conway collaborates with musicians Kevin Murphy (cello) and Ultan O’Brien (viola, fiddle) of Slow Moving Clouds, and Anna Mullarkey (piano, electronics) to bring you a collection of sean-nós and world music songs that explore the beautiful sounds and sentiments of love, loss and longing, found in traditional praise songs, lullabies with core emphasis on the traditional Irish ‘caoineadh’, lament. Ceara Conway has gained recognition for her singing in traditional repertoires across cultures from Irish traditional sean-nós, to Portuguese, Arabic and African song and Georgian Chant. The essence of her music is its unique hybridity, a merging of her love and respect for tradition coupled with her interest in new styles, genres and contemporary music.
This CAOIN tour is produced by Glór following the commissioned premiere at Glór in April 2022, kindly supported by The Arts Council. Glór celebrates its 21st birthday this autumn.
CAOIN the album is commissioned by Creative Ireland Galway County Council.
- Date/Time: Fri 30th September 2022 @8pm until 10:00pm.
- Tickets: Full €20, Concession €18
- Suitability: All ages!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Please note there is a €1.50 booking fee per checkout transaction for tickets purchased online.
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the performance has been cancelled.
- Face coverings are optional and for safety we suggest wearing them when in crowded areas and near other people. View all of our safety measures.
- Wheelchair spaces can only be booked over the phone. Please call our Box Office on (066) 7123055 to book a wheelchair space.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Entry not guaranteed and is directed by the event.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 7 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue unless you are free from symptoms 48 hours prior to the event. Contact our Box Office by phone or email to let us know.
- Kerry County Council parking is available on Princes Street beside Siamsa Tíre – check (Kerry County Council – Home | Facebook) for any restrictions. It is free after 6pm. It has access for bus parking and also disability parking just outside the theatre.
- As always, the health and safety of our patrons and staff remains our utmost priority, so we kindly ask that you continue to respect the personal space and safety of others.
We thank you for your co-operation and we look forward to welcoming you to Siamsa Tíre, The National Folk Theatre of Ireland.
Price - €20/€18