Fancy-dress Fun, Wicked Workshops and a screening of Disney’s greatest Halloween movie – just some of the SpOOktacular activities taking place at Siamsa Tíre this Halloween.
We are delighted to once again invite ghouls and ghosts of all ages to join us for this year’s Something Wicked celebration from 29th October to 2nd November 2022 when we’ll transform our halls into the ultimate Samhain (Halloween) destination and create ‘Wickedly’ fun events for everyone in the family.
Halloween Event Calendar 2022
Saturday 29th Oct
- 12pm–Build Your Own Birdhouse Children aged 5-12yrs can with artist/illustrator Margaret-Anne Suggs who is also exhibiting her artwork ‘Home is Where the Heart is’ in the Siamsa Tíre Gallery until 30th Dec. Tickets €15
- 8pm–Night Terrors Later in the evening, adults and older children (12+yrs) who are brave enough, can wrap up warm for an evening of masterful storytelling from actor Gerard Logan who is widely acknowledged as an outstanding exponent of the solo performance and has won acclaim and awards for his shows, including an Olivier Award. From the deceptive comfort of an easy chair, Gerard will transport the audience to a darker, more sinister world where the unexpected and the unexplainable will intrigue and disturb. Tickets €17/€16
Sunday 30th Oct
- 12pm–Púca Party Children aged 4yrs+ can get into the ‘spirit’ in Halloween fancy dress at our and enjoy fun activities including ‘Raise the spirits’ Drumming Playshop with Drum Dance Ireland, Spooky Masks workshop with artist Natalie Deegan of ARTLab Tralee and a Samhain Movement Workshop with the National Folk Theatre of Ireland. Activities €10, Movie €7, Activities/Movie Combo €15. We expect the Púca Party to sell-out quickly so make sure you BOOK NOW and get your tickets to the best Halloween party in town!
- 3:15pm–Hocus Pocus 1 (Movie) To extend the fun and relax for a while you can enjoy a screening of Disney’s greatest Halloween movie Hocus Pocus 1. Tickets€7
Snacks and drinks will be available to purchase and we even have Spooky Snack Packs for all of our hungry ghouls and goblins. Snack Packs cost €7 or you can pre-order with your tickets for €5. Packs include lollipop, Jelly Babies, Freddo Chocolate bar, choice of apple/orange juice, Manhattan Popcorn. (Any of these items can be swapped to accommodate for allergies)
Tuesday 1st November
- 10:30am & 12pm–Spooky Science Ireland’s top STEAM education provider, Designer Minds, is back this Halloween with some exciting experiments for ages 7-12yrs. Activities include subzero science, burping & bubbling potions, crystal ball bubble making and meet Púca the puking pumpkin!! This workshop is perfect for all girls and boys who like to get hands on with science, while learning about the states of matter, including eerie evaporation, scary sublimation and more! Tickets€15
Wednesday 2nd November
- Pottery Workshops for all ages! Led by Potter Amy Smith from Tralee Pottery Club, these pottery throwing workshops are suitable for all abilities. The workshops provide an introduction to pottery throwing, while you create your own piece to be proud of. Children will experience throwing a pot on the pottery wheel and get to take it home.
- 10am–Parent & Toddler (2-5yrs) Pottery Tickets €25 (covers 1 parent & 1 child)
- 12:30pm–6-9yrs Pottery. Tickets €20
- 2:30pm–10yrs+ Pottery. Tickets €20
And that’s not all!
After the Halloween break there’s more fun to be had as The National Circus Festival of Ireland takes place at Siamsa Tíre and other Tralee venues from 3rd-6th November. Come along to fly, marvel, juggle and pop your eyeballs clean out of your sockets! All ages can fall in love with this beautiful art form and celebrate culture and human creativity with us in the wilds of the Atlantic coast in beautiful Kerry. www.circusfestival.ie